Guiding Discussion Questions:
The first two questions were really asked by way of reflecting on the “3 Great Things About Campus Press Edublogs” video in the Inservice form.
Here’s what I learned from some of your reflective comments…
- What do you want to be able to accomplish using Edublogs as a tool? Portfolio and Communication tool.
- How will you use your Edublogs to support student learning? Giving students/parents direction/communication and meaning next steps (AFL) and appropriate feedback.
However, consider these next three:
- Why Blog in the first place?Why Blog? from Keith Strachan on Vimeo.
- What kind of materials do you see yourself/your students posting on the Edublog given that students, other teachers in the school/other schools and at a later date possibly parents will be able to see it?
- What other (online) tools might you need to explore to support what’s going on in your Edublog?
Using the Sticky Notes provided, Turn & Talk with a partner and discus the three remaining questions to be answered above.
Select the suggestion(s)/idea(s) that spoke to you most.
Record one idea or suggestion per sticky note.
Feed forward select posts in debrief.